Garrison Funnies

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tarien Clive Bird

Photo:

Photo:



Tarien was born September 28th at 10:13 a.m. I woke up around 3 in the morning and was having some uncomfortable cramps and knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep. So I got up and started reading a book for a little while to see if they would either go away or if they would become more intense. They were about 7 mins apart. Then around 4:30 they were around 5 mins apart. I decided to wake Dallin up. We made it to the hospital around 6. I had to wait for him to wake up a bit =) They checked me and I was dilated to a 4 so they decided to let me stay! I had made it in time for an epidural!!! So they got me hooked up to an IV and the epidural was in about 20 mins later. The doctor broke my water around 9. The nurse checked me an hour later to see how much progress I had made and I was dilated to a 10 and 100% effaced. The nurse said she could feel the baby's head in her hand. It was time to push! So they called the doctor and I pushed and he was born at 10:13! He weighed 8lbs 4 oz, and was 19 inches long. He has lots of dark hair! His face was a little bruised. They said that the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck, not tight enough to cut off his breathing but that is what might have caused the bruising to the face. He is perfect!

Photo:

Before the bath!



After the bath!



I love this picture! Garrison is so cute! And Tarien is just happy to be there and sleeping!
Garrison did such a good job being soft with Tarien and gives him lots of kisses.



Garrison and Dallin spending some time together while I am at the hospital with Tarien. 
Photo:

5 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful, cute, happy family! Congrats on baby 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats. i can't believe how far we have come from hanging out in high school, and going to stake dances. i gotta say, i'm really proud of us. :) ps. he is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! He is so cute. You all look great. Way to go!!

    Love, Joe and Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...Katie, I'm so happy for you guys! I wish we could be there and see that cute little guy! He does have a nice head of dark hair! Soooo cute! And by the way you look AMAZING! Miss you guys and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I hope you are surviving with 2 kids now. How do you pronounce his name?

    ReplyDelete