Garrison Funnies

Friday, September 18, 2009

Garrison is Here!!!


Garrison came Thursday at 1:31 pm. He weighed 6lbs 14 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long. He is so cute and Dallin, Grandma and I just can't get enough of him.

Here is his story~
I went for a walk the night before ready to get things going. I walked with Cara and Amber around Porter park then Amber and I walked Cara home and then proceeded to walk back to Ambers house. It was a dark walk back home. We were both kind of nervous, but we made it back to her house safely and I remember have some strong contractions, but I was told that if I was able to talk through them, then I wasn't really in labor. Dallin and I went home and I called my mom to ask her what she thought about my contractions. She said if they got any worse to call her and she would start driving up. Dallin and I went to bed, but I never really fell asleep and I dont think Dallin was able to sleep either. I was squeezing his arm and grabbing his arm and probably kicking him. Around 1 or so in the morning Dallin finally said well if we aren't going to get any sleep we might as well go to the hospital.
We got to the hospital and they said that I wasn't yet 100% effaced and that I was still only dialated to a 3 and if I wasn't going to be completely effaced then we should go home. Well my contractions were really hurting and so there was no way I was going home. They told us to walk around for about an hour to see if my contractions stop coupling and once they were 1 min apart to come back. So I was admitted 1 hour later, I asked if I could use the hot tub and was only in that for about 10 mins before I couldnt handle the heat anymore. That dialated me 2 more centimeters.
The doctor came in and broke my water this was about 5 a.m. Then I received an epidural and pitocin. Then I dilated about 1 cm every hour and it was a relaxing 5 or 6 hours before I was ready to start pushing. We called my mom around 5 a.m. and she headed up. She made it about an hour before I was told to start pushing. I pushed for about a half an hour and he was born at 1:31 pm. It was crazy how it felt like it happened so fast. He didn't cry much and he was a great eater. It took us a little bit before we really understood that our lives were changed forever. He is such an amazing blessing and I love this little boy so much! I am grateful we were blessed with such a beautiful wonderful little boy!

3 comments:

  1. Garrison is so cute-congratulations!! Thanks for putting a picture up, we loved seeing him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! He is so tiny and what a cutie. You two look like a couple of happy yet tired parents... how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katie....Congratulations to you and Dallin. Garrison is so cute and you guys look overwhelmed with joy that he is finally here. Much Love!

    ReplyDelete