Garrison Funnies

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crazy Sunday

Today was my first real Sunday with my calling since I was gone last week. It was crazy. First of all there were 8 kids in each nursery, which is more than normal. In each nursery we have had about 5 kids show up each week which has been amazing. Secondly we didnt really have enough adults. So because of this I was walking back and forth between each nursery getting everything ready for them. Did I mention that each nursery is on opposite ends of the building. So here I am, 7 months along and waddling back and forth from each nursery for the first hour. It was crazy. Each nursery has a different schedule so that makes it a bit more crazy to try and keep up and make sure everyone has snacks (those are very important) make sure they have hand sanitizer, pages to color, crayons, the walking rope, music time instruments. It was a long first hour, but finally I was able to sit down and enjoy not walking. Garrison did really well which was surprising. He would cry when I left but every time that I came back he was happy and playing with a toy. They have called some new helpers to the nursery and I think they are great, so I am excited to get things moving along.

Dallin taught his first lesson today. I was only able to peak in and see him standing at the front of the classroom. He looked really good. Mom said the lesson was awesome. She said Dallin has a great way of tying thoughts together and has a very eloquent way of speaking. I think she said he is very good with the English language. Which is true, he has an amazing way of saying the most profound things, also very good at saying something with words I have never heard before. He is pretty smart =)

Last week we were in California and only attended Sacrament meeting. The two talks that were given were amazing. The first speaker was a man from Spain, he lived in the city where all the bull running takes place. He was soooo hard to understand. His accent was so thick! But I could still feel the spirit and I knew that he was bearing his testimony about the importance of missionary work. The second speaker was a young lady that was in her twenties. She has been diagnosed with a disease where you don't live to long. I can't remember what it is called, but she talked about it a little bit and she talked about judging others. She told a story about how when she was in highschool she didnt come in until 11, she then talked about everything she had to go through in the morning to make it to school. It sounded hard, frustrating and very discouraging. She said that when she got to school everyone told her how jealous they were of how late she got to go to school. No one knew what she went through every morning. She then told a story about how she was driving in her car and had to give herself some medicine with a needle. The lady in the car next to her was so disguisted with her and giving her the most awful looks. Basically her talk was about just helping others and not judging. So many times we jump to conclusions and that stops us from being able to truly see those in need and it stops us from helping them. It was a great sacrament meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment